For this discussion, you will consider a diverse group of which you are not a member and that you will be likely to counsel.
Use the Library Guide COUN5336: Researching in Your Specialization Area and identify at least two peer-reviewed articles that address the characteristics, concerns, and culturally relevant counseling strategies that would be appropriate for this population and your specialization area. In addition, use your text as a reference. Address the following in your discussion response:
- Briefly discuss your aspirations for a counseling position upon graduation (for example, do you hope to counsel in a community mental health center, a career counseling center, a marriage and family practice, an inpatient substance abuse treatment center).
- Identify a diverse group that you will be likely to counsel, of which you are not a member, and about which you have identified a need to learn more.
- Referring to your text, discuss the centrality of communication to counseling, and the aspects of communication style you will need to attend to in counseling members of the cultural group you have selected (for example, language).
- Discuss at least two culturally supported counseling interventions from the current literature that you would employ in this case in order to promote optimal wellness and growth of the human spirit, mind, and body.
- Describe at least one advocacy strategy you could employ at the individual, community, and public policy level.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.