As the witnessing nurse what is your immediate action? NURSING: Case 1 One of the students you are on placement with turns up for their shift and is obviously under the influence of alcohol. As the witnessing nurse what is your immediate action? What must you do following this? Which sections of the Australia
Case Based Essay Question
TITLE: Understanding Law, Ethics, Professional Guidelines and
their Relationship to Nursing Practice
Length: 2000 words (+/- 10%) including in text referencing but not your reference list
This essay will give you the opportunity to develop your understanding of how law, ethics and professional guidelines guide nursing practice. It will allow you to reflect on the values and characteristics of professionalism in the healthcare setting. Completing this essay will also further develop your academic and information literacy skills.
Select one of the three discussion board scenarios.
THIS ONE (which is Case 1).
One of the students you are on placement with turns up for their shift and is obviously under the influence of alcohol.
As the witnessing nurse what is your immediate action?
What must you do following this?
Which sections of the Australian Registered Nurse Standards for Practice apply here and why?
What are the possible legal/ethical implications?
Identify the main issues inherent in the scenario and make
appropriate recommendations to address these issues.
It is expected that your essay will address/contain the following information:
1. Your immediate and subsequent actions as the witnessing nurse (these actions need to be supported by literature)
2. An overview of the relevant sections of the Australian National Competency Standards that apply and why
3. The possible legal/ethical implications
The NUR 120 Learning Outcomes addressed by this assignment
On completion of this unit a student should be able to:
1. Critically reflect on the values and characteristics of professionalism that contribute to health care through collaboration, cooperation and therapeutic communication;
2. Articulate the key principles underlying ethical, legal and professional guidelines and codes that underpin the practice of registered nurses in Australia.
3. Demonstrate developing skills in academic and information literacy that provide a foundation for evidence based nursing.
4. Articulate and define the Nursing and Midwifery Board Aust Competency Standards, Codes of Ethics and Codes of Practice for the Registered Nurse.
5. Develop a critical and reflective approach to nursing
Write in the third person; avoid personal pronouns such as ‘I’ and ‘you’.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.